Black Video Game Scholars Program
Accepting applications now! Click here
Gameheads is launching the Black Video Game Scholars Program to increase the number of young Black students in the video game industry pipeline, and the interactive entertainment and mixed media industries. Through this program we look forward to finding qualified Black students across the Bay Area and provide them with the resources to build successful and thriving careers.
In addition to our award-winning game design & developmentcurriculum, the Scholars Program will feature a speaker series fromBlack academics, entrepreneurs, game industry professionals as wellas special events, mentors and more.
The Black Video Game Scholars Program is a 10-month program to help prepare young Black students for careers in the interactive entertainment and mixed media industries.
Students enrolled in this program can expect to commit 6-10 hours per week during the school year and 24 hours per week during the summer.
No, but students located in the Bay Area will get access to more resources.
The program is FREE
Once you submit your application, we will call you to schedule a meeting and discuss the program in greater detail. For more questions about the Black Video Game Scholars Program contact us @ email@example.com
Build Your Career Today
- Access to classes in up to ten areas, including game design, coding, project management, AR/VR, animation and more.
- Industry events, industry mentors, free hardware/software, tech support, educational support, personal counseling, access to internships and more.
- Free access to several professional events focused on Black tech creatives, entrepreneurs and video game developers.
- Free certified and/or accredited classes in Introduction to C#, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality through our Cal State University, East Bay partnership.
- Meetings with Black game design students from video game programs at the top universities in the country.
And much more.